Product details of Lady Dufferin Hospital – General Donation for Mothers and Babies
The Lady Dufferin Hospital
Say No to Maternal Deaths! Save the Mothers!
“The life of every mother and her baby counts. They must not die only because they cannot afford/ access appropriate care. LDH provides treatment to all irrespective of caste, color, or creed.”
Donation for Mothers and Babies:-
Lady Dufferin Hospital was established by its founders, moved by the plight of young Indian women, a large number of whom were either dying or facing serious complications while giving birth. The newborn babies were unnecessarily suffering too only due to the lack of exclusive female health care facilities, thus LDH came into existence. The fact that the women and newborn children die only because they cannot afford/ access decent healthcare still holds true and these precious lives can be saved by providing free of charge, quality health care during pregnancies and post-birth.
Sadly, we have the highest rate of newborn deaths in the world and one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the region. According to a UNICEF report2018, Pakistan has the world’s highest newborn mortality rate, with one in every 22 babies born dying within a month.
The good news is that 80% of these deaths can be prevented and ‘The Lady Dufferin Hospital’ is playing a crucial role in fighting maternal and newborn mortality; saving lives. From providing obstetric, gynecological, and neonatal pediatric facilities to training midwives from rural/underdeveloped areas, LDH is playing its crucial role in preventing life loss. However, with the growing number of patients every year we need to be more aggressive with our resource development and fundraising activities to be able to expand our services and save more lives.
The Lady Dufferin Hospital is striving to save the mothers and the newborns of Pakistan by providing them with high-quality health care, fighting against the unacceptably high rate of maternal and baby mortality in the country. To this end, it will provide state of the art, comprehensive, free/subsidized obstetric, maternity, and neo-natal services in line with the intentions of its founders and benefactors of providing them quality treatment irrespective of their affordability.
- Lady Dufferin Hospital (LDH) is a 300-bed, state of the art women’s hospital of Karachi, established for over more than 120years providing obstetric, gynecological, and neonatal pediatric facilities for poor women and newborns
- Within the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, LDH provides high standards of care for newborns.
- A well-equipped Obstetrics & Gynecology emergency remains alert 24 hours, managed by trained staff to deal with all kinds of emergencies, and backed up by a large team of competent and experienced consultants in all specialties.
- To aid in the diagnosis of Outpatient and inpatient the hospital has comprehensive diagnostic departments having well equipped modern Laboratory, Radiology, and Ultrasound department available at 24 hours service.
- Hospital has a modern and fully equipped Operation Theater that caters to Gynecological surgeries and other cases.
So we need your Donation.